With much excitement in the air around one of America’s most famous literary jetsetters, it seems as though the Roaring Twenties is experiencing a comeback for a new generation.
To help Gatsby and Daisy wannabes find their perfect place, Hotels.com has cultivated a lavish listing of top-rated hotels that exemplify the magnificence of the 1920’s. From properties offering exclusive flapper era specials to those with iconic art deco décor, there is something for everyone looking to upgrade their next trip, Gatsby-style:
- Located in the popular Long Island town that actually inspired the setting for the iconic novel. The hotel itself features art deco period murals depicting scenes from the book in the lobby and has a highly acclaimed restaurant on-site.
- Hosting Gatsby-inspired celebrations throughout May, including soirées with live jazz music and themed cocktails, along with a special Gatsby Package, which includes a copy of the novel, poker chips and a deck of cards, a three-course tasting menu for two, and a special Gatsby cocktail at turndown.
- Recently underwent a $36 million renovation which included marble pillars, hand-blown glass chandeliers, and an original ironwork Art Deco-designed staircase.
- Offing a “Grace Gatsby Package” which includes a two-night stay complete with a five-course meal, sunset sailing cruise, daily champagne breakfast, the guest’s choice of five historic tours, and more.
- Offing a “Gatsby Package” (through May 15), through which guests can garner extra perks such as champagne and strawberries in-room, late check-out, and luxury transportation around town – perhaps to visit the many jazz clubs the city is famous for?
If staying at a Hotel like one of these sounds like a dream come true to you – you’re in luck! In celebration of the lavishness of the 1920s, Hotels.com is launching a modern era contest to help one lucky winner live like Gatsby via a two-night stay at the sumptuous Langham, Boston, along with a copy of the book that made Mr. Gatsby a household name.
For a chance to win the Gatsby-esque getaway for two, tweet @Hotelsdotcom about the little luxuries you enjoy while traveling with hashtag #GreatGiveaway between May 6 and May 9.
The winner, who will be notified on May 10, will feel like they’re rolling in dough when they claim their prize at The Langham. Originally built in 1922 as the Federal Reserve Bank, the hotel now exudes affluence in other ways, from its marble lobby with ornate gold-leaf ceilings to its six-story glass atrium where live jazz ensembles play on Sundays.