Coachella has come and gone, and now music fans are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the next big festival: Bonnaroo, taking place June 7-10 in Manchester, TN. Tens of thousands will travel across the country to attend this multi-day music event, and StubHub will once again be on the ground as the Official Fan to Fan Ticket Marketplace of Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival.
Because we’re on-site at every major music festival, we’ve become pretty savvy on the ins and outs to have a great weekend at these events (rain or shine). With that insider knowledge, we’ve put together a must-pack list to help all fans heading to Bonnaroo get the most out of the experience:
1) Protection from the elements and dirt: Sunblock, sunglasses, rain ponchos, sweatshirt, wet wipes, toilet paper, anti-bacterial hand gel, first aid kit – be prepared for anything.
2) Comfortable shoes and socks: You’ll be on your feet all day and will be walking, if not running, from stage to stage, so ditch the flip-flops. Nothing will ruin the weekend like a pair of sore feet.
3) Portable charging device: If you absolutely need to be connected with the outside world, a portable charging device (solar or battery operated) will keep your phone juiced – plus, it beats draining the car battery charging a phone.
4) Campsite identifier: It’s tough to keep track of a tent in a sea of thousands – take time to build a 10-12-foot pole and attach a unique flag to it.
5) Potable and non-potable water: In addition to drinking water, bring a large jug of water to dump on your head to avoid the fees and lines at the showers offered for campers. Keep in mind, Bonnaroo doesn’t allow glass bottles of any kind on premises.
6) Flashlight/lantern/head light – It’s going to get dark at night and there are many trip hazards on the grounds.
7) Chair/hammock/stool – You probably won’t be able to bring a lounging device into the actual concert area, but you’ll need a place to take a load off at your campsite.
8) Small grill – Most festivals don’t allow fire pits for roasting hot dogs, so pack a small grill. Bonnaroo allows you to bring up to 40 lbs. of charcoal and a small container of propane. This is a great way to save money on meals, and ensure you have the variety of food you know will keep you fueled the whole weekend.
9) Dry ice -Ice is typically available in the campgrounds, but melts fast. A quick trip to a dry ice factory will save your bacon and eggs come Sunday morning.
10) Full tank of gas - Chances are high you’ll be sitting in traffic for a long time waiting to get into the festival grounds, and when you leave. Don’t risk getting stranded!
Of course, any fan will want to ensure they have made sleeping arrangements (whether it’s in a tent, RV or nearby hotel – which is a breeze to locate and book on Hotels.com), have cash handy and of course – their wristbands!
If you didn’t buy your Bonnaroo wristband yet, you can still head to StubHub for a selection of passes, ranging from General Admission to VIP. And, if you’re feeling lucky, enter our Bonnaroo sweepstakes that will give one lucky fan a VIP package to Bonnaroo worth more than $25,000! The sweepstakes is open to anyone 18 years or older, and the grand prize includes:
- 8 tickets with All Access credentials, including exclusive viewing platforms and VIP access
- Private tour bus with accommodations for up to 8 people
- Onsite liaison / concierge on-call 24/7
- Exclusive onsite gourmet catering and open bar
- 24/7 golf cart service with chauffeurs for easy travel throughout the Bonnaroo site
- Private ground transportation to/from airport
If you’re already planning to head to Bonnaroo, be sure to stop by the StubHub Digital Music Lounge on the festival grounds. We always have something fun going on, and we love to meet our fans. Hope to see you there!