Boo! Now that I have your attention; traveling, for me, is rarely a “trick” and most often a wonderful “treat”. Yet, sometimes there are moments when traveling can be just as frightening as a good horror flick. I had a lot of fun putting together this list of Travel Smart Blog’s most terrifying travel moments.
1. Bed Bugs! A hotel horror story
2. The Sniffler. (“I think I’m coming down with something”) You’re strapped in for the duration of the flight. There’s no escaping it. And you can almost mark it on your calendar – the day that you too will have the sniffler’s illness.
3. Pajama Zombies. Once upon a time there was a dress code on airplanes. Now it seems some weary travelers literally roll out of bed to catch a flight. Get dressed people and leave the pj’s to the kiddos!
4. The Big Snore. Whether you are sharing a room with the Big Snore, rooming down the hall or are lucky enough to get stuck next to this person on the plane, the blissfully unaware Big Snores prevent all concentration, rest and relaxation for those within earshot of their cacophonous melodies.
5. What’s That Smell? Offensive smells of any kind in a hotel, rental car or on a plane is enough to drive a sane person mad. Think next time before you pack that tuna and egg sandwich for your flight!
6. The Noisy Neighbor. There’s nothing worse than trying to get a good night sleep with your hotel neighbor slamming doors, flushing toilets, blaring the TV, and shouting at whoever will listen.
7. Broken Plumbing. 20 minutes into that four hour flight you have just finished that super-sized water you purchased before getting on the plane and then you hear it, “ladies and gentlemen we’re sorry to report our lavatories are malfunctioning. Please refrain from using them for the duration of the flight.” It’s almost too unbearable to think about!
8. Oh No! What’s That! Sitting next to the person who is afraid of flying, heights, confined spaces, and all things that go bump in the air.
9. A Middle Seat. No need to say more.
10. You Are Stuck! You’ve been planning this vacation for as long as you can remember right down to the last detail. It’s all under control EXCEPT for the weather. That’s right Mother Nature is keeping you grounded just long enough to keep you sleeping in the terminal, standing in lines and to watch this year’s vacation turn into next year’s do-over.
Have a super safe and very fun Happy Halloween!