With consumers and business travelers looking for the best deals possible this fall, their best bet is to research what is offered in conjunction with guest-recognition programs. Since brand loyalty is so critical to hotels, many properties have created enticements to join free rewards programs that offer hotel stays and other various benefits in hopes of building a long-term relationship with the traveler.
Here are a few tips on how to find great discounts and get the most out of loyalty programs:
1. Pool Your Points into a small number of rewards programs to maximize the benefits.
2. Keep track of your membership email/membership number, you’ll need it each time you make reservations and some programs now track by email address.
3. The monthly statement and membership site is your best friend for perks – Check frequently in order to quickly find which rewards you may be eligible for.
4. Rewards and promotions may be posted on the Twitter and Facebook accounts of your favorite sites and properties. Look for exclusive deals.
5. Business travelers should look to accumulate points at hotels close to where they often conduct business.
6. Look for loyalty programs that don’t tie you down to a specific hotel chain. This maximizes your flexibility.
7. Carefully examine how long it takes you to get a free stay. This can vary substantially by program.
In addition to these tips, another way to take advantage of great offers can be found at www.welcomerewardschallenge.com/hotels where Hotels.com recently launched its welcomerewards® Challenge. Along with the free night you earn for every 10 nights you complete through Hotels.com, Challenge takers can get free bonus nights at their 15th and 30th nights. That is five free nights! In addition, Hotels.com is giving away two free FLIP Ultra™ Camcorders every day between now and December 31st.