After what feels like one of the longest winters in recent memory, travelers are more than ready to put away those sweaters and pack up their swimsuits to celebrate Memorial Day! Here are the top five destinations that travelers are heading to this weekend (check-in dates of 5/22 – 5/26/14) according to Hotels.com searches on the U.S. site and mobile app within a recent 90-day period (2/4/14-5/4/14).
(1) Las Vegas: The abundance of live entertainment, pool parties and other summer events along the infamous strip make it easy to plan an action-packed weekend in Vegas. Now you can find the best casino and shopping hotels Las Vegas has to offer on this list of top guest-reviewed hotel properties.
(2) New York City: While many New Yorkers will be flocking to nearby beaches, the city will still be bustling with activity on Memorial Day weekend and remains a top destination for travelers around the country. From art museums and trendy rooftop bars to street festivals and major sporting events, there’s no shortage of activities in Manhattan or the outer boroughs. Want to just relax? Check out this list of top spa hotels based on user-submitted guest reviews.
(3) Myrtle Beach: Annual Memorial Day weekend events like the Ocean Boulevard Memorial Day Parade and the Surfside Beach Memorial Day Cookout guarantee that Myrtle Beach will be an exciting place to spend this weekend. If you’re looking for last-minute deals, you can find a 4-star resort for under $200/night.
(4) Miami: If you’re looking for a beach party, there’s nothing quite like Miami Beach on Memorial Day Weekend. This year, Urban Beach Week kicks off the summer with a variety of live performances throughout Miami’s clubs and beaches.
(5) San Diego: Whether you want to visit the San Diego Zoo, go hand gliding or just take a relaxing cruise along the coast line, San Diego offers a great mix of activities for anyone traveling there this Memorial Day. Traveler Tip: The Go San Diego Card covers admission costs to various San Diego attractions!
No plans yet? It’s not too late! Sign up for the Hotels.com newsletter to get exclusive access to Private Sales and up to 50% off. Or, check out the latest last-minute deals in some of these popular destinations.